Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Raising Children to be Bilingual

A couple of days ago I posted a comment on a blog called Just me - http://milindobebe.blogspot.com. It seemed like she was keeping a blog as a school assignment, but her research topic was how to raise her son to be bilingual in Spanish and English.

I jumped in to add my two-cents worth, but I was astounded by how much I had to say about the topic. My comment was longer than her post-LOL. I guess with at least 6 years worth of researching, teaching and learning Spanish with my own children, I had a lot of information to draw from.

I hope that you too gain a lot from my experience teaching my children Spanish.

Posting has been put to the side a bit because I'm still working on my website. I truly believe that English-speaking parents can teach their children Spanish with dedication and the right mix of resources. It's totally worth it to lay a firm foundation in your child's life for acquiring a second language.

Hasta luego

Jessica

No comments: